Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday 4 July 2011

Keeping the magic alive

The 'magic wands' post was a real success in terms of promoting my blog and getting donations to my Just Giving page. My initial target of £200 has been reached and I'm hopeful that the amount will continue to go up.

It got me thinking. How could I represent all this 'magic' that people were donating? To not only show my gratitude but to also show tangibly how individual donations build up to create something big.

I came up with this:

This wand will have all the names and messages attached from those who have donated. If you want to feature on the wand click here to donate. The plan is that I will carry the wand with me when I do the Adidas Women's 5km Challenge on 11th September, so you'll all be with me!  Who knows, it may even give me a little boost if I start to flag!

Before I end, if you're reading this thinking "Why does she keep going on about magic and magic wands?"  It's not because I have a secret desire to be Tinkerbell or Harry Potter. No. Let me just remind of Great Ormond Street Hospital's slogan...

No comments:

Post a Comment